Truth can be many things. It can be blithe and innocent, or it can be contentious or insuperable. Truth can be the end of some one. The lamentable end of their reputation or of their lives. In ancient times, people who knew the truth about wastrel rulers could be executed for their knowledge or stripped of their lands and titles. Truth can also be a lie. People can claim that what they say is the truth, but in reality it can be a lie. Unfortunately, people usually take that lie to be the truth. Often, this is how rumors get started. People who are garrulous often tweak the story a little bit every time they tell it. Some do it unconsciously, but others do it on purpose. This is where the truth becomes a problem. If the truth isn't actually the truth, then is it really the truth? Truth is a vanguard, not a murderer. Truth is something that should be an item that is coveted and sonorous. The truth should be wanted by all and people should be amazed when the finally get or know the truth. Professing the truth once you have it or know it is probably the hardest part of truth. A perfect example of this is politicians. How do we know that they are telling the truth? How do we know that they know the truth but they don't want to share it with the public because they will be out of office or because it will scare the people who are practically writing their paychecks? Who knows, maybe liar and cheater are misnomers for politicians. Maybe they're actually telling the truth about everything. It's an alluring idea to think that our leaders are all liars and deserve retribution because it's fun to think like that and it gives us a reason to hate our leaders. Truth is..... I don't know what truth is at this point. I feel like I've already covered everything that truth is. At least what I think it is. Sometimes I feel that you can make the truth a sinuous thing and make it bend whichever way you want to favor your story or your life. Truth is the basis of all relationships. You either trust a person or you don't. I've had problems with my parents trusting me over the years. The most recent time was in sixth grade. It actually happened in April of sixth grade. I snuck behind my parents' back and I created an email account, a Facebook account and a Twitter account. I have since deleted all these accounts and have gotten a real email and a real Facebook, but I never got another Twitter account. When my parents found out it was a realy hard time for me and my parents. I cried a lot because I am the good, angelic child and I hate misbehaving. I feel like I've let that person down, that I've failed them and I never forget what I did until I force myself to. Back to my story, I don't even remember how my parents found out, but I remember I cried all through that night and I was scared of what was going to happen to me. My dad is really scary when he gets mad, so my siblings and I work our asses off to not make him mad. Ever. It's crazy. I remembered trying to apologize for what I did to my dad and he told me that he didn't know whether or not I was being sincere because he didn't know if he could trust me any more. It took me almost a year to gain my parents' trust again. I was almost in a respite because I wasn't allowed to go out with friends or go to parties and after school things unless they had definite starting and ending times. Acquiescing this punishment was probably one of the hardest yet easiest things that I did in my life. I was so eager to gain my parents' trust again that I accepted any punishment easily. I admit, I was really crestfallen because months without hanging out with your friends takes a toll on you. My life seemed to be askew, twisted toward the side of life that I had hardly looked at. I was looking at Truth. My view of Truth, at least 3 years ago was a disheveled view. It seemed to me that Truth was missing some exponent and to this day, I still haven't figured out what that exponent is.
Representative song: Undo It by Carrie Underwood
Representative song: Undo It by Carrie Underwood
It was really good! I liked the personal story touch in it. Most of your ideas were clear and you didn't drag them out. Nice job:)
ReplyDelete